Bird and Nature Weekend in Nagu Kirjais
Come and spend an invigorating nature weekend in Nagu, Kirjais. September 18-20, 2020 The program includes watching the fall migration of our migratory birds, and exploring our unique archipelago environment lead by a bird and wilderness guide.
We will hike along forest trails and can climb a viewing tower. As a conclusion to the outing, we will prepare a delicious lunch surrounded by nature. The sauna and hot tub will be warm.
Friday: arrival, accommodation and evening snack.
Saturday: breakfast, bird and nature outing, lunch, sauna and dinner.
Sunday: breakfast, visiting sheep and other farm animals on a nearby island.
In addition to scheduled activities, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the peace, sounds, and scents of the nature surrounding you. You can explore the winding roads and hiking paths of Kirjais village. Why not try angling, or rowing around the village bay.
Accommodation is at the Kirjais Kursgård main building. There are single, double, and family rooms available.
Price €160/adult. Adult + child (under 12 years old) for a joint price of €260. The price includes accommodation 2 nights, programmed meals, bird and nature outing with guide, and farm animal visit.
Guided 3 Day Archipelago Sea Kayaking
A maze of islands as far as the eye can see. Silence, wilderness and beautiful islands. Sculptured by the latest iceage into 40.000 islands and skerries, the Finnish Archipelago Sea is one of the world’s big wonders for seakayakers.
This guided tour takes you together with a small group of two to eight persons to the most stunning parts of the world’s largest archipelago. We customize the days according with the group and the weather. Experience island hopping exploring the wild islands, dive into the archipelago culture, swim in the sea and select luxurious camping spots on beautiful places. Both families with children, beginners wanting to take it slow and easy and more experienced kayakers loved this expedition each time.
- Days: Tuesdays-Thursdays June 11th to August 29th 2019. Other days for private groups possible
- Duration: 3 days (2 nights)
- Location: Finnish Archipelago Sea, Southwest Finland, with transport from Turku, Salo or Naantali
- For whom: Individual travellers and groups, no previous experience required
- Group size: 1-10
- What’s included: Transportation from Turku, Salo or Naantali; A nice and skilled sea kayak guide; All food, prepared by the guide; High quality sea kayaking, outdoor and extensive camping equipment; Guided trip and basic technique training
- Rate 2019: 560 €/ person. For private groups (for other days) a minimum price for thee persons is charged
- Supplements: Accommodation before and/or after the expedition; Dry-suits; Cottage accommodation during expedition.
Self-Guided 3-10 Day Archipelago Sea Kayaking
The Finnish Archipelago Sea is among the greatest areas in the world for self-guided multi-day sea kayaking adventures. With its thousands of wild islands perfect for camping, sheltered waters and the Archipelago National Park providing a unique possibility to experience silence and vast areas without encountering people, you will fall in love with this exceptional area.
Aavameri provides guests doing self-guided expeditions with transportation from Turku to the best launch spot for the weather forecast and groupskills, expert advice about where to camp and what to see, high quality sea kayaking equipment and maps, and as supplements all the outdoor equipment you could need for a nice and relaxed expedition. For safety reasons, we demand deep water rescue skills and basic safety and maneuvering skills from our guests. If you do not have these or if you are unsure about your skills, we are happy to provide you with a 3-4 hours Basic Sea Kayak Safety Course as a start of your expedition.
- Duration: 3 days (two nights) to 14 days
- Location: Finnish Archipelago Sea, with transportation from and to Turku
- Availibility: May 1st –September 30th
- Rate 2019: 268 €/ person for three days, 40€/day/person for extra days. Minimum price charged is for two persons
- Included: Quality sea kayaking equipment, maps, transportation from Turku to launch spot (approx. 1hr) and transfer back from end spot after the trip
- Supplements: Basic Safety Course 3-4hrs (Mandatory if no previous sea kayak skills course) 70€/person; Camping kit for two (tent, outdoor kitchen, gas, meal kit (plate, cup, utensils)) 40€/night; Sleeping bag and inflatable mattress 15€/night per person; Archipelago cottage accommodation with own sauna on an island during the trip (240€/ night) in total for a maximum of four persons / cottage.
Paddle in Nauvo
Now you have the chance to learn how to paddle and take a tour around Nauvo with an instructor. The paddling training can be arranged for 2-5 persons at a time. Paddling is a wonderful hobby, you’ll get to see nature up close and feel freedom of movement in a sea environment. The waters around Nauvo are sheltered, which makes learning easy.
4 hour paddling package for 2
EUR 85 incl. lunch, with accommodation in double room with breakfast EUR 139
8 hour paddling package for 2
EUR 120 incl. lunch, with accommodation in double room with breakfast EUR 215
Come and learn a new skill and enjoy our archipelago!
Nauvo & Seili Outdoor Package
Enjoy an outdoor themed archipelago weekend in Nauvo, with quality accommodation and good food! Hike along Westerholms path (3km) and the Maidens Dance path (c. 6 km) and feel your worries melt away! Dive into local maritime history at the Maritime house of Nauvo, with exhibitions on nautical history all the way from the 19th century. Experience the beautiful and historically rich hospital island of Seili, on the northern side on Nauvo.
Price: EUR 275 per person
Includes: 1 nights B&B accommodation in Nauvo (double room), 1 night in Seili, 2x dinner, 2x lunch, 2x breakfast, ferry Nauvo Seili, and entrance fees.